Website Jones National Bank & Trust Co
MORTGAGE LOAN PROCESSOR
PRIMARY JOB PURPOSE
Primarily responsible for processing secondary market and in-house consumer real estate loans. Responsible for assisting consumer real estate loan officers with loan documentation and maintenance.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Process secondary market consumer real estate loan applications.
- Required to comply with Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (S.A.F.E. Act)
- Process in-house consumer real estate loan applications.
- Provide back-up for establishing and maintaining escrow accounts for taxes and insurance.
- Gather and process information for HMDA and assist in reviewing all HMDA data.
- Input and maintain loan data documentation on the Suntell system.
- Assist lenders by processing accurate and complete loan documents for customers.
- Create, maintain, and monitor customer documentation files, agricultural real estate files, and commercial real estate files for completeness.
- Assist customers when dealing with real estate loans and accepting payments.
- Gather and process monthly information for the bank’s Loan Application Register (LAR)
- Establish and achieve individual goals and departmental goals as they relate to the success of the bank’s Strategic Plan and specific job functions.
- Participate in the business development efforts of the bank.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Work Direction: This position receives daily work assignments from the real estate loan officers. Established loan and bank policies are also used for reference. Incumbent is, however, responsible for being self-motivated and using independent judgment when deciding in what manner to follow-up generated loans from origination to completion. Work is detail oriented and must be completed in a timely manner.
Accountability: This position has access to and knowledge of the financial situation of bank loan customers. The utmost discretion and confidentiality must be exercised with all data.
Loan documents processed incorrectly with wrong loan numbers, trancode or amount may result in a monetary loss to the bank or a loss of a customer.
Work Relationships: This position has daily contact with customers regarding loan questions, payments, insurance, title and signature on loans primarily via the phone, in-person, fax, and written correspondence. Incumbent also works with other employees on a daily basis regarding loan needs and questions via in-person, phone, fax, and e-mail. Must be able to communicate in a clear, concise and pleasant manner.
Supervision: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred.
Experience: A minimum of 2 years banking experience and real estate loan documentation is required. Must be proficient with Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook and standard office equipment such as a fax, printer and copy machine.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.