To protect your identity and personal information, Jones National Bank suggests our customers consider taking the following actions:
- Credit Report – Obtain and monitor your credit report annually. For a free report, visit annualcreditreport.com.
- Are you affected? Check if you are affected and look into the free identity protection offered by Equifax: https://trustedidpremier.com/eligibility/eligibliity.html.
- Monitoring Services – Consider independent monitoring services (most have a fee): Credit Karma, Credit Sesame or LifeLock.
- Fraud Alert – Consider placing a fraud alert on your credit report.
- Credit Freeze – Consider placing a credit freeze on your credit report
- Fees are charged to add and remove alerts and freezes by credit reporting agencies. This could cause delays if you need to apply for credit. Please consider this before placing a Fraud Alert or Credit Freeze on your credit report.
- Don’t ignore bills from people you don’t know. A bill on an account you don’t recognize may be an indication that someone else has opened an account in your name. Contact the creditor to find out.
- Shred any documents with personal or sensitive information. Keep hard copies of financial information in a safe place and be sure to shred them before throwing them away.