Reduce Your Risk for Fraud
It is very important to protect your bank accounts by following these tips and best practices.
- We will never call you to request information you received via text or pressure you to reset your online banking password.
- Don’t trust Caller ID, it can be modified to show any name.
- Don’t provide your online banking log in credentials, one-time password, account number or personal information by email, text or phone call. Use one of our published phone numbers to call us to confirm the request is legitimate.
- Don’t give information over the phone if you receive a call saying a transaction is cancelled, even if the caller claims to be with the bank. Once again, contact us at one of our published numbers to inquire about the transaction.
- Don’t click on links in unsolicited emails or texts.
- Don’t give an unsolicited caller remote access to your computer.
Protect your personal information! Sign up for Online Banking, Mobile Banking and Jones Bank Alerts to stay on top of your finances!