Health Savings Account Features
- No account opening fees
- Minimum Deposit of $25 – Waived if you have automatic payroll deposits
- No monthly fee on balances $500 and over, $2 monthly fee on balances less than $500
- Variable Interest Rate
- Unlimited check writing
- FREE Jones National Bank & Trust Company Debit Card
- Personalized checks – First order of 50 are free
- FREE monthly statement with check images
- FREE Online Banking
- FREE Mobile Banking
- FREE Bill Pay
You can make tax deductible contributions to your HSA if you meet all of the following requirements:
- are covered under a high deductible health plan on the first day of that month
- are not covered by any other health plan that is not a high deductible health plan (with limited exceptions)
- are not entitled to benefits under Medicare (generally not yet age 65)
- are not able to be claimed as a dependent on another person’s tax return
Benefits of a Health Savings Account
- Tax Free Benefits – HSA’s allow you to make contributions and earn interest tax free and your distributions are tax free as long as they are used for qualified medical expenses.
- Flexibility in Spending – You can use your Health Savings Account to help pay for any qualified medical expenses. These can include health insurance deductibles and co-payments for certain over-the-counter medications as well as out-of-pocket expenses.
- Year-to-Year Savings – HSA’s are not a “use it or lose it” account. The balance of your HSA will roll over from year to year. This will allow you to budget for your health expenses and build up your savings to cover qualified medical expenses when the need arises.
- Individual Ownership – You own your Health Savings Account, not your employer. It doesn’t matter what job you have, whether or not your employer makes contributions or if you are moving to a new job. Your HSA will always be with you.
- Contribution Options – Your employer may choose to make contributions to HSA’s as an added benefit to you.
To Apply – Print the application and mail it to us or bring it along with your opening deposit.
Before you Apply – We recommend that you consult your tax adviser regarding the benefits of an HSA. Contributions are subject to IRS rules. You are responsible for making sure the distributions from your HSA are made according to IRS rules.