Website Jones Bank
Primary Job Purpose: Primarily responsible for providing friendly, courteous service to customers in a professional manner and actively cross-sell bank services. Listening to customers’ wants and recognizing what they need or what the bank can do to serve them better.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Pay checks and pay out monies after verifying signatures, ID and customer balances.
- Receive checks and cash for deposits, verify amounts and signatures and process transactions.
- Open new certificates of deposit, redeem or renew existing certificates of deposit.
- Close existing accounts for individuals, businesses and trusts.
- Receive checks or cash for loan payments, verify amounts and process transactions.
- Assist customers with Debit Cards and Instant Issue Debit cards – applications, ordering, capturing, disputes with cards and fraud.
- Provide customer assistance with Electronic Banking products.
- Assist customers with credit card applications.
- Assist customers with cash advances.
- Place check orders.
- Issue Cashier’s Checks.
- Redeem US Savings Bonds.
- Daily balance and maintain cash drawer and coin machine.
- Daily balance and maintain ATM machines.
- Balance and wrap coin.
- Assist customers with entry into their Safe Deposit Box.
- Process Bank by Mail, Deposit Bags and Night Deposit transactions.
- Establish and achieve individual goals and departmental goals as they relate to the success of the bank’s Strategic Plan and specific job functions.
- Participate in the business development efforts of the bank.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
Experience: Customer Service and money handling experience is required. Banking/teller experience is preferred. Must have computer knowledge and the ability to operate standard office equipment, such as calculator, copier, etc.
Hours: Mon – Fri: 7:00 or 8:00 am – 4:00 or 5:30 pm (rotate opening & closing shifts)
Rotating Saturdays: 7:00 or 8:00 am to 12:00 pm
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.